Who else wants to know the secret to Excel Formulas?Invest in yourself in 2015 and reduce your frustration with formulas in Excel for just $19.95 - Click here to enroll today
Are you really annoyed by the sound that Outlook makes when an email arrives in your (or more likely your colleagues) inbox. Or do you need to know instantly when there is a new message addressed to you?
Whichever side of the fence you sit on, the chime or sound email notification is a configurable feature of Outlook 2007.
To turn on or turn of audible email notifications in Outlook 2007:
1) Click on “Tools” in the menu”
2) Click on “Options”
3) Make sure you are on the “Preferences” tab
4) Click on “E-mail Options…”
5) Click on “Advanced E-Mail Options…”
6) About 1/3 of the way down the “Advanced E-mail Options” windows, there is a section called “When new items arrive in my Inbox”. Check (or uncheck) “Play a sound”
7) Click “OK” three times to close all the windows
‘till next time!