Who else wants to know the secret to Excel Formulas?Invest in yourself in 2015 and reduce your frustration with formulas in Excel for just $19.95 - Click here to enroll today
Are you working with numbers in Excel 2007, Excel 2010 or Excel 2013 that include decimal points?
Did you know you can quickly increase or decrease the precision… or the number of digits to the right of the decimal point.
- Reduce the number of decimal point places in 56.923 to 56.9
- Increase the number of decimal point places in 23.4 to 23.4256
To change the number of decimal places your numbers have simply:
1) Select the cells you want to work with
2) On the Home tab of the Ribbon in Excel 2007, look for the “Number” group
3) Click on either “Increase Decimal”, or “Decrease Decimal”. They are the buttons which have all the zero’s on them with the left and right arrows.
Simple as that!
‘till next time!