Have you been working on a spreadsheet, but then suddenly realised that you need to add another column?
Well there are a couple of ways to add a column to your spreadsheet in Excel 2007.
The long way
1) Select the cell that is to the right of where you want the new column to appear
2) Look at the ribbon, and make sure you are on the “Home” tab
3) Look to the right, and you will see the “Cells” group
4) Click on “Insert”, and then select “Insert Sheet Columns”
The short way
1) Right click on the top of the column (the letter) that is to the right of where you want the new column to appear
2) Click “Insert” from the menu that appears
If you want to add two or more columns, you can use one of the methods above, and simply use the “Redo” command to keep inserting new columns – either use the button in the top left hand corner (in the Quick Access Toolbar), or simply use the shortcut – CTRL+Y
‘till next time!
Help, Tips, Tricks, and Tutorials for Word, Excel, Outlook, Office 365 and more