Say you have a nice long list of names. But they are just all over the place. Wouldn’t it be good to be able to sort them into alphabetical order?
Well in Word 2007 it is a piece of cake! Assuming you have each item in your list on a separate line…
- Select the text you want to sort alphabetically
- Make sure you are on the “Home” tab in the Ribbon
- Look for the “Paragraph” group
- Click on the sort button (that is the one with an "A on top of a Z”
- A box will appear – if you want straight alphabetical order on your paragraphs just hit ok.
- If you want reverse alphabetical order, make sure you select “Descending”
Using the sort button you can also sort numerically, or by date! Simply change the “Type” of sort you want to do in the “Sort Text” box.
‘till next time!