Who else wants to know the secret to Excel Formulas?Invest in yourself in 2015 and reduce your frustration with formulas in Excel for just $19.95 - Click here to enroll today
Have you ever noticed if you select some text in Microsoft Word 2007 you get a little pop-up menu. You know the one, physician it lets you change the font, apoplectic the font size, anabolics the font colour and a lot more.
Some people think it is great. Some people think it is annoying.
I think it is great, but as a service to you, I will let you know how to turn it off, and stop it from popping up!
- Click on the menu – the “Office Orb” (that circle in the top left hand corner which used to be the file menu!)
- Click on “Word Options”
- Look in the “Popular section”, under “Top options for working with Word
- Untick the “Show Mini Toolbar on selection” checkbox
- Hit ok
There you go – no more annoying (not) popup mini menu in Word 2007
’till next time
How many times have you lost everything in your document? Word crashed? Maybe the power went out? Whatever it was that happened… I bet it happened just before you were going to save, pharm right?
By default, medicine Word 2007 makes an Auto Recover save every 10 minutes. But if you are clumsy like me, or don’t trust your computer… you can set Word to autosave your document a lot more than normal. Here is how:
- Click on the old file menu (the office orb)
- Click on "Word Options"
- Click on the "Save" option in the left hand menu
- In the first section "Save Documents", look for the second line which reads something like "Save AutoRecover information every XX minutes
- Set your preferred time. Mine is now every 1 minute 🙂
Just remember when increasing the AutoRecover frequency… that you do see a slight performance hit every time it saves. Not really noticeable every 10 minutes, but when it happens every 60 seconds it could be annoying!
’till next time!