One thing before you read this article...Are you ready to improve your Excel Skills in 2015?
Formula School's first Excel course intake for 2015 is about to open. Invest in yourself in 2015 and reduce your frustration with formulas in Excel for just $47
Click here to learn more and enroll today - Next course starts Jan 15
Some people like them… some people hate them. That’s right, we are talking about new email notifications. It doesn’t matter what you call them… the popup thing in the bottom right hand corner… the envelope down the bottom beside the time… the toast… some people love them, and some people hate them.
How to turn on or off email notifications in Outlook 2007
- In the menu, click on Tools, then Options.
- On the preferences tab, in the E-mail section, click on the “E-mail Options…” button
- Click on the “Advanced E-mail Options…” button
- Look for the “When new items arrive in my Inbox” area…
- Tick or untick all the notifications you want to receive.
Note that there are four notifications that Outlook can give you when you receive an email in your Inbox
- Play a sound <- click here to learn how to turn the sound off or back on
- Briefly change the mouse cursor
- Show an envelope icon in the notification area
- Display a New Mail Desktop Alert (default Inbox only)
From the Advanced E-mail Options window, you can control each of these as you wish. Now you wont get distracted by email when you want to be productive… or you know how to turn the notifications back on if you don’t feel like doing any work!
’till next time